In Episode VI Part IV, Hyeonjeong and his successors try to repair the devastated northern territories while grappling with political instability at home and the rise of the Jurchen people as the dominant force in the Liao river basin.
is an interesting and concise explanation of Buddhist geomancy.
Episode VI Part IV Historical Figures – In Order of Appearance
Whether or not you refer to the monarch of Goryeo as King of Emperor during this period is sort of a matter of personal taste.
- Hyeonjeong of Goryeo
- The Prince of Pyongyang (becomes Jeongjong of Goryeo)
- Deokjeong of Goryeo
- Munjong of Goryeo
- Cheontae Buddhism. The synthesis of Seon (Zen) and Doctrinal Buddhism. The ancestor of the modern Jogye Order of the Republic of Korea
- Kim Busik (Gentleman Extraordinaire)
- Sunjong of Goryeo
- Seonjong of Goryeo
- Heonjong of Goryeo
- Sukjong of Goryeo
- General Yun Gwan and the Star Army/Special Army
- Yejong of Goryeo
- Emperor Taizu of the Jurchen people/Jin Dynasty
- Chinese Diplomat Xu Jing